1. Today has been total catch up day. The Irvine Sumsions visited Redding for a whole week and I swear I was only home to sleep and eat breakfast. We had so much fun all together- Jake is almost 8 months and I almost ate him for a snack, he is so delicious looking. Hanging out at my parents’ house nightly = my house getting totally neglected. TO THE MAX. Isabelle wore Christmas pajamas last night because literally everything else was in the dirty clothes. Jazz wore a poncho to work. Just kidding. (or am I?) I’ll totally post pictures of our family time, all the babies were so cute- it’s almost like we are grown up or something.
2. Since Jazz had to work on Saturday, Isabelle and I went down to Sac with my parents to drop SeanRachJake off at the airport and a trip to Sac isn’t complete with out hitting The Rack. As in, Nordstroms. Oh glorious heavenly skies above, this place makes my soul sing and my heart grow three sizes like the Grinch. Their baby section is just amaaaaazing, super cute unique clothes, pajamas, and the SHOES oh the SHOES. Isabelle is now set for the entire winter, I kid you not. Such great prices too. We found some pants that mom needed for the Cascade Christmas show, but they didn’t have all the sizes we needed so we had to drag ourselves twenty minutes away to the Roseville Rack. And when I say drag I mean we skipped joyously. TWO RACKS IN ONE DAY. It was like my Christmas-Birthday-Easter-Halloween-New Year’s all wrapped into one. I’m not gonna lie, Isabelle loves to be out and about. She didn’t complain once the entire day- she was totally happy and even slept in her stroller at the second store. She may not look like me, but she sure can shop like me.
3. Speaking of Isabelle, she had her one year (!) well check on Friday. She is 21.45 pounds, which is in the 50th percentile, and 31 inches long, which is in the 90th percentile. Suddenly she has totally shot up in height, no wonder her pants are all capris on her. I guess all that miracle grow we have been feeding her is paying off. I wish I could show you how much fun her little personality is- she is SO SO SO cute. She has learned to “hide” and play peekaboo on her own, and when you chase her she laughs so hard she can barely move. Now if we could just get her to sleep through the night…
4. How have I failed to mention HALLOWEEN. Ok probably because I was a *tad* occupied with Izzie’s birthday and family visiting and mostly the part about Izzie’s birthday. Today I got all my spooky stuff out and it looks very scary at my house. I would love it if the weather could hop on board the Fall Train- it’s supposed to be 90 degrees tomorrow. Hard to feel like autumn when you are all sweaty. Wait til you see Isabelle’s Halloween costume.
5. Coming up: More family visiting this weekend. Sabs and Mo are coming and bringing The Boyfriend for The Family Test and also Jazz’s mom and stepdad are coming. Fiesta!