I’ve seen this going around the blogosphere recently and unlike it’s popular counterpart, 25 Things About Me, I actually like this little exercise. The point is to erase the shiny facade of the blog and get down to the good stuff, the nitty gritty. Sometimes I read blogs and I think, “whoa, this mom is perfect. She cooks homemade food every meal and is skinny and stylish and she washes her hair everyday and takes kids to perfect playgroups and sews and knits and paints and decorates.” I feel overwhelmed easily when comparing myself to these wonder women, but I have to remember that they aren’t perfect either! It’s nice to find out other people’s quirks. Anyway, here are some of mine.
1. I judge people based on their favorite movies.
2. I don’t vacuum nearly as much as I should because I genuinely hate it.
3. I bite my lip when I am bored/nervous/anxious.
4. I feel guilty when Isabelle doesn’t wear her clothes evenly, or if she grows out of something before she gets a chance to wear it.
5. Some days I’d rather be skinny and ugly than fat and pretty.
6. If I have people coming over and need to clean up quickstyle, a lot of stuff gets tucked in my laundry room. Don’t peek.
7. I probably eat a quarter of the vegetables that I should.
8. I’m terrible at keeping up with my old friends, and I regret not being in better contact.
9. I’m very critical slash proud of my blog and often re-read old entries when no one is looking.
10. I have extremely dry feet. Most nights I have to sleep with lanolin and socks on them to prevent giant cracks. Gross, right.
11. During the day my living room looks like rainbow vomit. I don’t clean up toys until after Isabelle is sleeping. I never thought I would have so many annoyingly bright toys littering my carpet.
12. I’m terrified that when we are old, Jazz will die before me and I’ll be alone. He is my best friend and is so good to me.
13. I own a bumpit. And a snuggie.
14. I check facebook too often. It’s like a bad habit. (You know you do too.)
15. I will confess that I am an emotional eater.
16. Sometimes I worry that I’m forgetting stuff I went to school to learn. Like geography. Or math. Or spelling.
17. One time I came out of my in-law’s bathroom with toilet paper sticking out of my pants. And then I trailed it around for awhile.
18. I don’t eat tomatoes but I love ketchup.
19. I miss my sisters. That’s not something I don’t want you to know. I just miss them.
20. I’ve never ever been a morning person, but it is kind of nice to get up with Isabelle before the sun rises.
K, your turn- I wanna know some of your quirks!